|Page 1 of 4|
|Author: kai ping|
Date of review: 27-April-2000
Type Of Review: Miscellaneous
The IWill SIDE Pro 66 (Pro66) is an IDE controller card which provides Ultra DMA66 support for up to 4 compliant IDE devices.
With i820 and VIA Apollo Pro 133A based motherboard providing native UDMA66 support, does such a product still have a place in the sun?
- With the i820 and VIA133A both still having performance issues, the lifespan of BX-chipset has been inadvertently extended. The Pro66 provide the UDMA66 support lacking in the BX-chipset.
- For those of us with more than 4 IDE devices, the Pro66 lets us hook them all up.
Here's what else came in the package:
- Driver disk
- ATA66 IDE cable
- HighPoint HP366 ATA66 controller chip.
- Two independent IDE channels
- Ultra DMA66, DMA33 and all PIO mode.
- 256 bytes FIFO per channels.
- 32bit/33MHz Bus Master PCI interface.
- Supports up to 44MHz PCI bus clock.
- Concurrent PIO and bus master access (ATA mode accessible during DMA transfer.
- One IDE LED header.
Check out the "official" support for 44MHz PCI bus clock -- handy for CPU overclocking.